Emergency Services


If you have an emergency call 000.

Bush Fires

Call the NSW Rural Fire Service on 1800 679 737.

They can tell you all about current bush fires and hazard reduction burn-offs.

Go to their website

See also Fire & Rescue NSW

Warringah Council has programs in place to manage the threat of bush fires in our area. Read more

Floods and Storms

Call the State Emergency Service (SES) on 132 500 or visit their website.

For information on how to prepare for and stay safe during floods and storms visit the SES websites Floodsafe and Stormsafe.

Police Assistance Line

You can report a non-urgent crime by calling the Police Assistance Line (PAL) on 131 444.

Call PAL if any of the following happens:

  • Break, enter and steal
  • Motor vehicle theft
  • Stealing from a motor vehicle
  • Stealing
  • Malicious damage
  • Minor motor vehicle collisions
  • Lost property

Local Emergency Management Committee

Warringah is part of the Manly Warringah Pittwater Local Emergency Management Committee (LEMC) which coordinates responses to emergencies on the northern beaches.