Creative Space provides professional development opportunities for arts groups, emerging and established artists through the provision of a professional arts facility and to encourage the broader community's participation in, and access to, the arts in a local setting.
The objectives of the centre are to:
- Provide a professional gallery and studio space that enables artists and creatives to exhibit in the Warringah area at an affordable rate
- Provide a space that engages visitors, especially visitors from the local community
- Encourage and support emerging and established artists and creatives through professional development
- Strengthen the capacity of artists to engage with the community
- Provide a vibrant place to encourage community connectedness
Gallery exhibition submissions for 2018 will open 1 July 2017 and close 31 October 2017, 5pm. The next round of Studio submissions will open in June 2017 and will commence in August 2017.
Email the creative team and register to be notified for the next round of applications.
Four studios are for hire, three single and one double. The double studio can be shared if the hirer wishes to do so. Each studio is available for six months. Studios are provided at a subsidised rate to support local emerging artists to develop an established arts practice.
The next round of hire will commence in August 2017. Online applications can be made by clicking on the Gallery and Studio Hire Form link in the months prior to the hire period.
- Studio single weekly rate $40
- Studio double weekly rate $60
The gallery, to be used for exhibitions, can be hired for one to four weeks. The space is unmanned and it is the hirer's responsibility to ensure the gallery is appropriately staffed for the opening hours.
- Gallery exhibition solo rate $165 per week
- Gallery exhibition group rate $330 per week
- Gallery exhibition bond $300 (refundable)
- Gallery hiring time is one to four weeks (including bump in and bump out)
Equipment Available includes a ladder, 10 tables, 49 chairs, 49 stools, exhibition lights, trolley, approximately 200 cables and 500 hooks and some plinths. The building is accessible with kitchentte, toilets, and outdoor area.
Sorry, the centre is not available for functions or regular activity hire. There may be limited capacity for one-off workshops.
Upcoming Events and Programs at the Creative Space
The Creative Space hosts various events and programs such as New Horizons Year 12 Art Exhibition and The Creative Made Market. Check the What's On Calendar as well as documents and links for updated information.
Residents and artists are welcome to join the creative mailing list so we can invite you to exhibitions, artists talks, artistic opportunities and networking events. Email Creative@northernbeaches.nsw.gov.au