Manly Dam Mountain Bike track is one of Sydney's best and is enjoyed by beginners to advanced riders. The best access points for the bike track are; Gibbs St, Manly Vale and Upper Clontarf or Kirkwood St at Bantry Reserve, Seaforth.
The track should be ridden in a clockwise direction.
Biking Code of Conduct
- Keep to the signposted biking track
- Don't make new trails - it is not only illegal, it also degrades the park
- Don't cycle on walking tracks
- Enter the park from access points indicated on the map
- Give way to walkers and dismount when approaching groups - the bike track is a shared path
- Dismount near children's play areas
- Don't ride around water bars, steps or other erosion structures - they help stabilise tracks by minimising soil movement
- Keep speed and skidding to a minimum as this causes erosion
- When approaching blind corners ride on the left hand side of the track
- When riding on firebreaks behind houses, keep to the bush side to minimise erosion
- Observe bike route closures
- After heavy rain, refrain from using the bike track for a few days or until the track dries out
- Remove soil from boots and tyres before entering the park - this will minimise the risk of root rot spreading to bushland
Council has a BMX track at JJ Melbourne Hills Memorial Reserve. It has jumps and depressions, and super-elevated corners with a compacted clay/gravel surface.