We are committed to delivering Dee Why as a highly liveable town centre following Council’s adoption of an award winning Masterplan in August 2013.
The Masterplan was created by renowned urban planners, PLACE Design Group, with the help of a Dee Why Working Party made up of local business people and community leaders. Its vision was recognised with an award for Government Leadership for Urban Design from the Urban Development Institute of Australia.
Through the implementation of the Masterplan, Dee Why Town Centre will be transformed into the northern beaches’ premier commercial and residential district, making it the focus for civic and cultural activities.
Key Features include:
• A Civic Centre “Community Hub” with an attractive outdoor plaza, amphitheatre and new library facilities
• New Police Citizens & Youth Club
• 560 new carpark spaces
• New trees, paving, water features, landscaping and street furniture
• New bicycle lanes
• Road changes to improve traffic flow
• New open spaces including the expansion of Walter Gors Park
• New plaza at Redman Road
• Use of water-sensitive urban design
• Better accessibility
• Building heights within the current allowed range. However, in selected areas, taller and slimmer buildings may be considered on larger sites, subject to strict conditions and in return for public benefits like connected open public spaces at the ground level
Visit the Dee Why Town Centre webpage for updates on how we are progressing.